March 03, 2007

Flotsam and Jetsam

The difference is things you find floating in the ocean after a ship breaks up (or other accident) is flotsam, and things that have been deliberately tossed overboard are jetsam.

What I've found floating around:

The General discovers what's important in blogging, and to whom;

Rob Cottingham acts as a company shill, and with excellent reason;

National Geographic finds new species that global warming has revealed;

And Ross at The Gazetteer points out some of the Rovian Idiocy making it's way north, and firmly planting it's dog whistle in the Team Blue gizzard.


Some things getting jettisoned:

Getting Rejection Slip #200 doesn't hurt any less than #1, even if it's in email form;

It's a nice high testing well on college suitability exams, even if they are dead easy;

As the Significant Other commented on lesbian koalas: "Of course they're gay! Just look at their hair."

And what can I add to that?

Labels:

posted by Thursday at 2:10 pm

4 Comments:

Blogger RossK said...

Fill us in on this rejection letter thing would ya.....

.

6:07 pm  
Blogger Thursday said...

Gaz -

Heh. Not much to say, really. I've got that special kind of arrogance that leads me to believe I can write, so I've been shipping off a couple plays and a few stories and novels to various and sundry publishing houses and theatre groups. Every one has been rejected so far.

What was one definition of "insanity" again? Continual repeating of the same action and expecting a different result? Well, I got that!

I only wish I had kept all the letters in my move: they got lost somewhere in transit. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had to paint the walls of my bedroom when I could simply paper them instead!

Working on a completely fictional history of Canada, and a play about radioactive blankets. Can't imagine why they aren't selling!

9:37 pm  
Blogger RossK said...

I think that insanity thing is doing the same 'thing' over and over again.

And presumably you are not sending them the same thing everytime.

Regarding the radioactive blanket thing - maybe you could sell it Gary Lunn?

8:05 pm  
Blogger Thursday said...

I would, but he and the rest of Team Blue could probably do with the history of Canada, instead...

11:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home