July 08, 2007

Disloyal, Yes; But It's What I Want

So, I've finally done it. I traded her in. I've gone from a wild young Brit to a classy older Italian.

My 1998 Triumph Speed Triple is not in my possession any more. In her place is a 1978 Moto Guzzi 850T, and I couldn't be happier. Not that I wish to speak ill of my former companion, of course! It's just that she was... well, trouble.

The Triple was a corrupting influence WAY too often for me to use it as a commuter. It was the epitome of a "hooligan bike" - when you rode it, you rode like one. Absolute howl - on the weekends. But I need a daily ride, not just a part-time thing.

Hence the change.

Add to that the fact that I've always wanted a Goose, and you've got yourself a perfect, for me, trade. Nothing wrong with that old transverse-twin tractor engine that I can tell!

Labels:

posted by Thursday at 8:51 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home