October 15, 2008

Why Respect Must Be Earned

There are a whole lot of people out there who don't agree with me on everything - I'm averaging somewhere around 100% of them so far, wife included - but many of those I can at least understand why they have the views they do.

But the new breed of "conservatives" in the United States is utterly bewildering. Trying to argue with them is like... like... trying to tell Matthew McConaughey he sucks. Really, the only people that are left are the ones who will proudly tell you they're voting for Sarah Palin, ignoring the old guy who's actually running for office.

***Side note: Why do I hate Palin? For hearing the cascade of fear and vitriol that gets unleashed by her fans whenever she mentions the astoundingly idiotic "Obama pals around with terrorists" meme, then watching her smile...***

Here's the "expert" from the National Review debating economics:

"The economy is all the blacks' fault. Answer what? Uh... Oh, shit! This is live? Google save me!"

Okay, maybe that's not a direct quote, but it is representative of what happened. Check out the whole "debate" here if you want, but there's not much more to it.

Labels:

posted by Thursday at 11:07 pm

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a total idiot.

8:41 pm  
Blogger Thursday said...

I'm total? As in complete? EXCELLENT! I can finally stop practising!

But then I read Byron York, and once again feel my idiocy is inadequate. He is the true master.

Thanks for the comment!

9:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home