January 26, 2009

Uh, Really?

So.

Been working with one woman for almost a year now, and it came up that I used to iron shirts for a living. And she was fascinated by this. No, really: her reaction was:

"I didn't know you were such an interesting guy."

She wasn't being facetious, either. This after (in the course of idle chatter) I had mentioned breaking a rib going down rapids without a boat; converting a trailer into a motorcycle workshop and rebuilding a couple of bikes; entering the Three Day Novel Contest; working in theatre (on and off stage) and as an extra in a couple commercials; starting my own locksmithing business; and a couple of other bits and pieces I'm not going to mention in a public forum.

She's fascinated... by a guy ironing shirts.

This can't be normal.

Labels:

posted by Thursday at 9:26 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home